Part B and part C in a few days..I wonder if I Im right What are yours predictions? Have you voted yet? The 12 short-listed videos in each category can be viewed at vimeo.com/awards and you can also vote which one you want to win. The event will kick off with the Vimeo Awards show, held on June 7 at NYU Skirball Center, where Vimeo will recognize the best videos online by revealing the 2012 winners. And if you are lucky enough to live in the US you can buy tickets from here.
Festival highlights include:
• Keynote Address: The End of the Beginning with Dr. Reginald Watts
• Failure FTW (For The Win)
• The Story Is Everything
• Director Profiles
• Building Your Audience
• The Art of Getting Paid
• The Future of Creative Careers; and many more.
Attendees can participate in a variety of workshops that cater to all ability levels — including:
• Animation Creation Station, Audience Participation with Andy Bruntel, Sean Pecknold and Kirsten Lepore;
• Beginning for Beginners with Vimeo’s Dan Hayek;
• Digi Bootcamp – Featuring The Sloth Invasion! with Lucy Cooke and Shooting People’s Ingrid Kopp;
• Impossible Things On A Shoestring with Josh Ruben and Vincent Peone;
• Proactive Storytelling Instead Of Reactive Coverage with Stillmotion;
• The Right Camera for the Right Job with Philip Bloom;
• Sound: The Other Half Of Your Video with Michael Coleman;
• The Self-Expression Tsunami with Casey Neistat;
• Vimeo Tips & Tricks;
• Vimeo Developer Workshops; and many more.
Somebody pls pls buy me a plane a ticket I am so jealous
.Co-creation is a hot topic these days. Involving customers in the decision flow of a brand/company is one of the cool, new ways of doing marketing. Some succeed in intergrating the voice of the customer in ALL their decision flows. This paper by Steven Van Belleghem describes the different steps to evolve from a one time co-creation project to structural collaboration. A big thanks to Matthijs for dropping this one over
A short film exploring the changes in fan culture in the digital age – the shift in power – and the growing importance of fans.
Featuring expert opinion and insight from academics, marketeers and the fans themselves, this documentary looks at how a brand can identify their fans and, more importantly, harness their passion. Created by Amplify. A big thanks to Vanessa for bringing this to my attention
The biophilia effect states that environments rich in views and imagery of nature can reduce stress and increase focus and concentration. Created by Ben Symonds! Song by Tom Vek – I ain’t saying my goodbyes
In this video from his talk at PSFK CONFERENCE NYC, Jason Silva shares two of his ‘shots of philosophical expresso’ – an exploration of how technology can quickly manifest our ideas and desires. The filmmaker and futurist rapidly demands that we need to learn to see the word in new ways in order to experience anew the amazement that has always been there.Via psfk